Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sewing ~ You Could Become A Seemstess

I like to sew and sewing for me happened pretty much like my art. I got bored one day at home alone with my baby daughter and borrowed my mom's sewing machine. I made a pretty crappy pillow, but had fun with it. Next ,I made a better pillow, then I tried to fix a hole in my husbands jeans (no luck with that) My mom gave me some pointers and I tryed again. My bordom made me determined and I eventualy got very good at it and could have turned it into a career, but even though I do love it I don't love it as much as art. I worked for a bridal shop making wedding dresses for awhile, but, once I learned to sew wedding dresses I got bored with it, (I get bored easily) Here's some help,if you want to study dress making, and here is a sewing and fitting course. I decided, I was ready to try to make a quilt or a halloween costume for my daughter. So that's what I did, she was a little piggy that year and now I have three daughters and I make their halloween costumes every year. Two of my daughters have bithdays around halloween, so, we also have a huge halloween costume party every year. I make the costumes for my husband and myself too.
My girls were in a beauty contest here is a picture of them with the costumes I made them. Not the best picture sorry I'll try to find some more.
When my girls out grow their costumes, I pass them on to my neices and friends. I could sell them for extra cash if I wanted, maybe sew a new costume every day and sell them on ebay, but I only sew when I feel like it. This course can teach you more about selling on ebay, you can sell anything, a woman from florida sold a old grilled cheese sandwich for 28,000 (crazy huh?) Selling your sewing could be quite profitable, so, if you love to sew, you could turn your sewing into your career. If you don't know how to sew, don't let that stop you, here are a few courses that can help you learn. 1.) Sew More For U 2.) Home Sewing Secrets 3.) Sewing 101
This one is the best sewing site I've found on the net, it will meet all your sewing needs *Sewing On* Hope this helps:)

1 comment:

Feel free to leave comments, Talk to me people!!